"In fact, woman has a genius all her own,
which is vitally essential to both society and the Church." --John Paul II

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday!



It's Mardi Gras!  Any big plans?  Mary's posted a pancake recipe!

Our previous plans were scuttled due to the weather, so I'm musing on how best to mark the day.  Pancakes sound good, with plenty of bacon; maybe I'll even rummage around and find the molds to make dinosaur pancakes.

I'm also thinking about making a pan of brownies -- an au revoir to the pleasures of dessert before tomorrow.  So, that takes care of the fasting; in the prayer department I plan to use my Magnificat regularly....

How about you?  Any plans for this day?  How about the next forty?

3 comments:

  1. As a former Presbyterian, Mardi Gras wasn't a big day at our house growing up. I dont' have any tradition to draw on for this one.

    We are having a very meaty lasagne for supper tonight. And everyone gets dessert. We will finish off all those baked goods we made during our snowbound days last week. Since it's the kids first day back at school in two weeks, I think everyone will be tired and in need of an early bedtime. Which means a story bribe on my part.

    In the prayer department, I plan to spend more time in daily prayer. Perhaps an up earlier method will be employed. But I have the rest of the day to work that out!

    Roulez les bons temps! or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love Zydeco?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was pancakes, bacon and eggs here -- along with a discussion about how to keep the season holy and penitential.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails